Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Oddities of Man


All men in the world have a form of fetish or fantasy. I am not taking about the fascination of breasts that some people I know have, but more along the lines of types of woman. The ones that are a great turn on for us as men are the ones that the mere thought of can make the blood boil (amongst other things). Generally they differ greatly from man to man but there is always a chance that all of them will be appealing to some degree.

This has always interested me - the whole difference in tastes, fetishes and fantasies. While the top ten male fantasies can actually be quite worrying, those are NOT what I would like to go into (mostly because they scare the hell out of me). Here is why:

Top Ten Male Fantasies

1. Sex with a famous celebrity
2. Sex with more than one woman
3. Oral sex (receiving)
4. Sex with a stranger/acquaintance
5. Sex with girlfriend/wife
6. Voyeurism (watching others)
7. Kinky sex (bondage, spanking etc.)
8. Forced sex
9. Being penetrated (anal)
10. Sex with another male

Now I don’t know about all of you out there, but the first five I can understand while the last four really scare me. The other one I am indifferent about.

Anyway - I guess I should move on with it and get to the point of this article. I would like to share why I think that these fantasies exist, and what the most common ones are.

The Teacher / Librarian:

This one is easy; most men are fascinated by the “ugly duckling” phenomenon. It would be great if you could find the girl that is intellectual and well educated, but the cliche would be a (blonde) woman with big ugly glasses and her hair tied up tightly in a bun - never prime material for a girlfriend.

Shallow? Hey, we are men.

Of course, the turn on for this little fantasy is when they take off their glasses and loosen their hair (just to be dramatic) and shake their heads to loosen it properly, as it comes to rest, cascading over their shoulders) and all of a sudden they are transformed into a goddess, ready and willing.

Okay - the ready and willing part is just about every mans’ dream.

The Good Girl (School girl and / or College):

These are the ones that would be inexperienced but are very willing (yet again that willing thing) to experiment and try new things. I think it appeals to mans’ inner explorer, “To boldly go where no one has gone before”. To teach and mould a piece of clay into exactly what you want.

Their experimentation and naivety is also a great help. By simply appealing to that side a male should be able to get just about everything he would like to get out of them. Hey, I have never said that men are ‘nice’ - but then neither are women. This one could also (in a mans mind) lead to the ‘Sex with more than one woman fantasy’ and I know quite a few people that would never ever scream and shout if that one had to pop up some time.

The Bad Girl:

I think we have all seen this one in action. They are the ones with the great amount of sex appeal and they know it. They also are generally the ones that wear the very… interesting outfits to clubs, and just about everywhere else. Boots (Hmmm) and leather are common, as are the mini-skirts and the likes. Generally they can also be referred to as man eaters, or if you really want: Nymphs.

But being a man we are trapped by the want for the ‘wet and wild’ experience and there is always the chance that you might just learn something. Of course - there might just be the chance that it will fall into the last four of the abovementioned fantasies. So I think personally I would say far away from this one. You just never know what you are getting into.

The Nurse:

This one is also an easy one to diagnose (please excuse the pun - it was actually quite unintentional). Even though men would hardly ever admit it, there are times when they would like to be the ones that are looked after and the nurse of course is just the perfect one to do that, is she not? Of course - this little fantasy would fall far outside of the scope of South African nurses. Where the hell did they fall off?

The Police Woman:

To be honest I think this one falls in with number 6/7 of the fantasies. The whole dominance and power thing could be the turn on for this one. Then there are also the guns (if you like that) and convenient handcuffs nearby too.

The Broad:

I’ll probably get stoned for this name, but what the hell. This one is the ‘plain Jane’ - the ones that are pretty but not all that stunning. They are also generally pretty intelligent and can hold their own in just about any situation that could ever arise. Why this one happens I have little to no idea, but I guess it could be that she is dependable and far more stable than average - perfect for a great and productive relationship and sex life, as they are an ideal middle ground between all of the above types.

I know that I have left out quite a few, the French Maid and the Gym Chick being some of them, but to be honest I have little to no guess why a person would like those. The maid (PLEASE NOTE: French Maid) has little to nothing to do with anything other than a clean house, and as for the Gym Chick - I could take a wild guess and say that it is due to the hot and sweatiness. But I have no idea.

To sum up - this article might be totally wrong. To be honest it is as difficult to explain the human psyche as it is to describe what handsome or pretty is. What defines what our unique perceived likes and dislikes are?

And women, before you think: “Men are weird - thank god we are more normal and that we don’t get turned on by an outfit.” - let me remind you of Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise in full dress uniform in Top Gun.

Okay, stop panting now.

No comments: